Monday, April 9, 2012

First Giant Step!

My goodness the frustration that has built up inside of me over the past few weeks became quite intense today. I've experienced a range of emotions from anger to fear to sadness. The failure of the Sheriff's Department to comply with our request for the local background checks required by the State of Florida for our Home Study has been quite the struggle.

Finally, today I took the "bull by the horns" and wrote a heart felt letter with all the facts directly to the Sheriff. Amazingly, I received a reply from him within 60 minutes and then a phone call from the records representative within 15 minutes after that. Another 20 minutes later and the much needed background letters were scanned and in my email.

Praise God!! I am so thankful for the prayer warriors I'm blessed with on Facebook. Don't know how I would make it through this daily roller coaster ride without them.

Hopefully tomorrow night we'll receive the notarized copies of our Home Study and Wednesday I can ship our I800A application out to USCIS to really get this ball rolling and get us one giant step closer to bringing Ian home!

No comments:

Post a Comment