Saturday, September 1, 2012

6 Weeks and Counting...

Whewwww... I have survived the first 2 weeks of school with the most insane schedule. Praise God my boss has agreed to remove a few classes from my schedule and give them to the other Art teacher.  Hopefully by this time next week, I'll only be teaching 23 classes instead of 28.   Time will tell. 

Meanwhile, this morning I'm actually getting to kick back and relax for a short bit before I have to go to work tonight for AV duty at church.  As I'm sitting here with my feet up, sipping my coffee and catching up on my Secret Pal's blog story of her homecoming with her beautiful little girl, I'm realizing that just 6 weeks from today we could be landing in Ch*na!!!!  The reality is starting to hit!   6 weeks is NOT a very long time!  I'm thinking I have a great deal of organizing to do for this trip in the next few weeks. I haven't even begun to create a packing list, we have to visit our doctors for shots and antibiotics to take with us, I have to pack up the beautiful blankets that have been made and donated for me to deliver to the orphanage and I have to find the best airfare rates I can.   YIKES... and we don't even have luggage yet!!! The time is just sneaking up on us!  

Meanwhile, we are waiting to hear if Ian has received his care package from us.  More than the cake party and toys, I'm concerned about the letter and photo album reaching him.  I want him to start to get to know us.  We have been sent photos, videos and updates about him and even little tidbits about his personality, but he knows nothing about us at all.  I'm trying to imagine his reaction and what will be going through his mind as he learns from the caregivers about us.  We have no control over how they will prepare him for us, although our understanding is that his facility is very good at preparing the children for their forever families.  But the anxiety filled questions are still in my mind... Will he be happy and excited about meeting us and moving to America?  Will he be scared and apprehensive?  Will he run to our arms when we see him or will he scream in fear?   I can't wait to meet him and hold him.  I can't wait to see him with his two big sisters who have been loving and adoring him from afar.  I have a fairy tale picture in my mind of how the first meeting will go on "Gotcha Day", but being a somewhat logically minded person, I also know it could go completely different when the time comes. 

This would be a time that I no doubt have to just sit back and put my trust in God that He has ordained this whole thing for our family and He has only the best planned for us, as it says in Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  In that promise I will stand as I sign off this blog this morning and focus on the things I can do and change, rather than the things I have no control over.

Have a blessed day my friends, 

Love, 
Georgia  

No comments:

Post a Comment