Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock



Oh my! It is almost midnight and I can not seem to turn my mind off.  The excitement of knowing we have just two more days of school and then we head to Tampa and just three days till we board the first plane that leads us on the journey of a lifetime.  When we began this unexpected adventure back in February, I don't think we truly were capable of imagining the feelings we would encounter as we got this close to the day we have worked so hard for.  Excitement, apprehension, fear, relief, love, amazement, anticipation...so many contradicting emotions all wrapped up together. One minute I can't take the smile off my face and the next minute I am ready to burst into tears.  No doubt this adoption is an adventure on many different levels.    As I try to write my thoughts now in an effort to clear my mind so I can sleep, I am thinking about a little boy, on the other side of the world, probably getting ready to sit down to a simple lunch of white rice. He is our son...our little boy...and in about 5 days, his entire world is going to change.  I guess I should be acknowledging how our entire world is going to change also, but I see us as a loving family already.  The things that will change for us by adding our lil' man into the mix seem so small in comparison to the changes he will experience. My prayer tonight is for Ian to feel peace and comfort in the thought of joining his forever family in 5 days.  May God help him to accept us and love us.  And may God help us to love him in the ways he is most comfortable and receptive.  We are on our way little buddy and I can't wait!

Blessings,
Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment