Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Amazing Hearts

I think one of the coolest things about the adoption process is experiencing the hearts of the adoptive moms I'm meeting along the way.  I just received an email from a mom who is currently in China picking up her son.  She visited the facility where Ian lives and through a friend obtained my email address and wrote to me.  I'm amazed that she not only was extremely observant in her visit, but that she was kind and thoughtful enough to take time DURING her trip to stop and write me...a total stranger... and give me insight about our son.  God bless you Meredith and thank you for warming my heart today.

This is what she wrote:

Hi Georgia!

You don't know me, but I am in Changsha now we just adopted our son Samuel this week from Hengyang City SWI. Today we visited the orphanage and I wanted to let you know that I saw your sweet son!! (Erin gave me your email) I could kick myself for not getting any pictures of him. Our son was not on the ICC side, but your son is, and I wasn't taking pictures when I was on that side by the time I got down to his room.

BUT....I have to tell you that your son is JUST ADORABLE! He has a brand new bowl haircut and was wearing a little red white and blue outfit all while eating a TON of rice and vegetables! He looks so healthy, that at first we thought he was one of the worker's children, not a child at the orphanage!! We mentioned how precious he was, and Kyla told us that he had a family in the US. I really cannot say enough about how cute he is. Just super handsome. You are one lucky momma! Out of all the kiddos we saw today your son really stands out!

Congratulations!

Meredith
www.sixmakeseggroll.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Visting your blog from Meredith's. That is such a cool e-mail! And knowing Meredith personally, she's that thoughtful and wonderful all the time! Best of luck to your family as you complete your adoption. Funny how God takes care of his children. He always is in control, even when we don't see it. I know I forget a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth! I know! It is a great e-mail! I sure hope Meredith doesn't mind that I put it on my blog. She made my day! This adoption journey can be a real bummer some days and interactions with people like Meredith can make a huge impact. God is so wonderful in the way He puts in just the right place at just the right time. :-)

    ReplyDelete