Monday, March 12, 2012

The Beginning of the Blogging

So here I am.  Not sure if we should blog or not.  But I have so enjoyed looking at the blogs of other waiting families, that I feel like I almost have a responsibility to do it also.  So here goes nothing...


February 8th 2012 changed our family's world.  We were happy...living the dream...  I had just finished my degree in December and got my new contract at work, Jeff's job was going great, the girls were doing their thing in school and dance.  Life was good!  But God had another plan... a BIGGER plan.  


In January, my friend Erin talked briefly with me about adoption.  Jeff and I had talked about it years ago. We always said that if we wanted a son, we could always adopt.  So Erin started sending me information.  The stories were sad, the children were beautiful, and Jeff and I were feeling a bit of a tug at our hearts.   We weren't sure what was in store, but we were sure that IF we were ever going to adopt, it would need to be a boy who was already schoolage....preschool or kindergarten.   So that's what I told Erin.  The baby pictures slowed down.  But then on February 8th, I received an email with "Had to send" in the subject line...   I read the little story about a child the foster organization called "Mu Mu" and I read about his special needs and the fact that he likes to "perform".  Then I looked at the photos!  I was captured... hook... line and sinker!   I felt it immediately in my heart... MuMu was our son!  I shared it with Jeff and to my surprise, his reaction was the same!  And so... the story begins...


These were the photos that touched our hearts...


 

Blessings,
Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment